Friday, May 13, 2011

Dinner with an Architect

photo: AFO Publication, 2007

Sorry for not posting anything recently.  Studio has been taking over my life.  So has work.  But guess what... I'm 3 weeks out from the end!  (... and the beginning!!)  Since I haven't cooked anything in a while (other than make some late-night cookie dough to nosh on last night), I've had a little time to reflect on how I want this blog to continue.

Stumbling upon a publication from the Architecture Foundation of Oregon at work today for their 2011 Dinner with an Architect  series, I suddenly got an idea... what if I combine my two passions a little more closely?  I'm going to try and relate food and architecture more.  How do buildings inspire meals?  How does food make me feel about architecture?  What kinds of materials, details, and spaces say, "eat me"?  Constructing a recipe is similar to constructing a building; tastes and aesthetics must jive.  Hopefully I'll have time to try this out sometime soon!  What do you think?

A quick note about AFO... This is an awesome organization that advocates for the built environment.  If you're interested in supporting them, or having dinner with an Architect in Oregon, head on over to their website.

Okay, back to the grind.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of intersecting your two passions. I'm excited to see how the idea evolves. It would be cool to do posts with the kind of info below. Is that what you had in mind?

    Building: Space Needle
    Background: Space Needle architecture facts and history
    Inspired Dish: Amy's creation

    :)

    Excited to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete